Tactical Emergency Casualty Care Course
The Penndel Middletown Emergency Squad will be hosting the NAEMT’s Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) Course. The class will be held at the Penndel Middletown Emergency Squad located at 616 East Lincoln Highway Penndel PA 19047.
The dates and times for the program are; March 17th & 24th 0800 to 1600 each day Lunch will be provided both days and EMS CEO Credits will be applied for; moreover, this course meets the Bucks County Rescue Task Force requirements for Levels 1 & 2 (SUBJECT TO YOUR AGENCY ACCEPTING THIS EQUIVALENT COURSE). The course cost will be $150.00 Per person, which will cover all of the student’s fees and card. Preregistration is required and the class will be limited to twenty (20) students at first come bases, so please go to the link provided and sign up for the program.
Class Sign Up Site
Course information is below;
NAEMT’s Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) teaches EMS practitioners and other prehospital providers how to respond to and care for patients in a civilian tactical environment. It is designed to decrease preventable deaths in a tactical situation. The course presents the three phases of tactical care:
• Direct Threat Care that is rendered while under attack or in adverse conditions.
• Indirect Threat Care that is rendered while the threat has been suppressed, but may resurface at any point.
• Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident site.
The 16-hour classroom & practical labs covers the following topics:
• Hemorrhage control;
• Surgical airway control and needle decompression;
• Strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments;
• Caring for pediatric patients
• Techniques for dragging and carrying victims to safety
Sign up link again,
David R. Harris
Fire Service Captain/NRP/Emergency Services Instructor/BA
PA Advocate NFFF